Cleaner Cleaner Blog
25 November 2020
Our mattresses put up with a lot from us. We, as a race, spend about a third of our lives in the comfort of our beds. This is quite a lot of time. Mattresses soak up a lot of unpleasantness during that time – sweat, dead skin cells, and other bodily fluids. That is why it is important to know how to care for your mattress at home.
How to “Freshen Up” Your Mattress at Home
First off, we are going to show you how to “freshen up” your mattress at home. We recommend that you complete this process every 2 or 3 months. This procedure is to help get rid of bacteria, grime, and dust that is lodged into the fibres of your mattress. Your mattress will be completely refreshed and deodorised after completing these few steps. But first, here is a list of things to equip yourself with:
- Bicarbonate of soda and/or cornstarch;
- Essential oils (optional).
Now that you have gathered your tools, here are our tips on how to freshen up your mattress:
- First thing first, vacuum the top side of your mattress (we will worry about the underside later).
- Now, get your dry compound (soda bicarb and/or cornstarch) and sprinkle a generous amount over the surface of your mattress. Leave this a good hour or so (the longer, the better). This is to give the dry compound time to absorb all of the nasties that have buried themselves into the fibres.
- Last but not least, hoover again. Make sure you get up all of the dry compounds so as there are no unpleasant crumbs left in your bed. You may also add 10-20 drops of your favourite essential oils to add a pleasant fragrance. Lavender is a great option for a good night’s sleep.
How to Care for Your Mattress at Home
Now it is time to look at the general care for your mattress. Seeing as we spend so much time in our beds, it is no wonder that they have the potential to become something like an amusement park for bacteria and germs. Our team of professional cleaners has put together a list of weekly and monthly chores to incorporate into your routine to guarantee this does not happen.
What Tasks to Add to Your Cleaning Routine:
- Changing the bedclothes regularly. This is an important one as people sweat a lot during the night, shed dead skin cells, among other things that produce other bodily fluids. We advise this be done at least once a week and at least twice a week if you have pets or children.
- Vacuuming the mattress. Despite our constant changing of the sheets, dirt still accumulates under the sheets. If left for too long, dust and grime will work itself into the fibres of the mattress, making the chore of cleaning much harder. Our professionals advise a monthly mattress hoovering for best results.
- Flipping your mattress is another thing you should do every now and then. Once every 6 months should do the trick. This helps prevent one side deteriorating from being ignored by everyone but dust and dirt.
- Another thing we think is important to mention as there is a lot of misinformation on the subject – if you notice a stain or blemish on your bed, do NOT attempt to tackle it on your own. Most products available on the shelf contain high pH levels and end up adding to the problem instead of helping. For one, you can not rinse out the solution properly without soaking the mattress and eventually causing damage. Stain-removal specialists tend to have access to products that you won’t find on the shelf. They also usually have special equipment to help deal with the issue.
That is it for our frequent chores. Not so bad when you think about it. If you manage to keep on top of these things, you will help guarantee your mattress lives to its maximum potential.
11 November 2020
In a world that is bustling with cleaning companies, there are bound to be a few bad apples floating around out there. There are actually quite a lot, to be frank. End of tenancy cleaning has been a reputable service in the cleaning industry over the years. However, courtesy of those bad apples, the idea of the service has become warped and misshapen. That is why our professional cleaning team got together to gather some pointers on how to spot a legitimate end of tenancy cleaning company.
What is Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning?
Before we get to the main point of this article, we are going to put together a brief introduction to the basics of the service. End of tenancy cleaning, the name kind of gives away the idea. We all know that conducting a special level of cleaning is needed when you are leaving your rental property, especially if you want to get your security deposit back. Here are a few things that one should expect from a professional company:
- A cleaner or a team of professional cleaners fully equipped with professional products to tackle the job;
- There is usually an end of tenancy cleaning checklist available so as customers can see what will be included in the service;
- Customers should also be able to find a price list available on the company’s website;
- Because price lists are flexible due to the varying styles and sizes of properties, clients should also have access to a free quote.
- Choice of payment method
- Clear terms and conditions
Not all cleaning companies offer the same things in their end of tenancy cleaning service, but there are a few basics that the majority of legitimate cleaners offer. Here is a brief list of the tasks you will find on the cleaners’ list:
- Dusting and removing cobwebs;
- Wiping down all visible surfaces;
- Vacuuming and cleaning all floors;
- Dusting and wiping down doors, windows, and frames
- Kitchen cleaning (degreasing and cleaning cupboards, surfaces);
- Bathroom cleaning (removing limescale and polishing all units);
- Bedroom – vacuuming mattress, general cleaning.
As you can see, this service is generally VERY thorough. A really good cleaning company also adds in a few extra services such as cleaning various kitchen appliances like oven, fridge, freezer both inside and out.
Check out also: What is Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning?
How to Spot a Legitimate End of Tenancy Cleaning Company?
It is very easy nowadays to create and launch a website advertising all of the above mentioned. Many people just slap the word professional on their sites and claim to be trustworthy and reliable, making it hard for customers to trust anyone in the industry. That is why we are going to gather all the main traits that one should look for when choosing their cleaning company:
- Professional cleaning services should always come with a 100% clean guarantee;
- You should always confirm that the employees of the company you have selected are fully-trained, vetted, and insured;
- Free quotes either over the phone or available on the website;
- Another piece of advice, check out if the company you are interested in is certified and accredited;
- No time-span for a job should be given. A task is done when it is done and no sooner than that;
- Professional cleaning companies should always provide equipment and cleaning products for a job. This should include an option of eco products should the client prefer;
- Reviews are another pointer on a cleaning company’s track record. This way, customers can check out the satisfaction level of service before making any commitments;
- We also advise you look into companies offering overly cheap services, as it may look like a dream come true. But it rarely is as a lot of money needs to be put in to enable professional cleaners to do their jobs properly. For example, machinery, cleaning products, and salaries cost a lot. Generally, if you hire the right technicians, you will be very happy in terms of value for money as it is your security deposit on the line.
11 October 2020
With technology making new steps every day, come many new ways to make things. One of those things is the synthetic rug. Nowadays you don’t need fancy materials and natural fibres to make an exquisite carpet. You can enjoy the luxury of fancy-looking floor coverings without it costing an arm and a leg to get one. But of course, with nice things comes responsibility. If you want your new carpet to stay looking fabulous for years ahead, you are going to have to know how to care for synthetic rugs.Read More »
4 October 2020
Our home interior is the reflection of our inner self. Velvet fabric is an indulgence not many people dare to take on. But, if the opportunity presents itself, getting a velvet sofa is going to change your living space forever. If you have decided to make the lavish decision of adding a piece of luxury furniture to your home, you are going to need to know how to care for a velvet sofa the right way.
You may also like: What you Didn’t Know About Leather Furniture, and How to Clean it!Read More »
26 September 2020
Our upholstered furniture is one of the greater pride and joys in our life. On this hard path through our existence, there are few achievements that are actually long-lasting. Although it might sound silly, decorating and creating your home is one of the most soul-nurturing things we can do. However, fabric-covered furniture has a large range of enemies that line up to try and ruin its beautiful appearance. One of those staining foes is blood. Blood can be hard to get out of upholstered furniture, especially if it has dried out. That is why we have put this guide together to explain how to clean blood stains from upholstery.Read More »
5 September 2020
Wool rugs can be a great investment to your home. For one, they are a natural, renewable fibre that deters bacteria and dust mites, courtesy of lanolin. Wool floor coverings are also warm and soft underfoot, work beautifully with indoor decor, and are durable when cared for properly. Machine-woven wool rugs can last up to 20-30 years. Tufted wool rugs have been known to last up to sixty years. Not only are they long-lasting, but they maintain that new-rug-look with proper care. That is why we will tell you how to clean your wool rug at home.Read More »
26 July 2020
Carpet cleaning isn’t as simple as it may first seem. You can’t just get any old carpet detergent and clean all your carpets the same way. Why, you ask? Because not all carpets are the same. Each type of carpet or rug needs unique attention and care. Lack of knowledge on specific rug care can lead to damaging your carpet fibres, decolouration, or even fraying and holes. That’s why, if you’d rather attempt the clean at home instead of professional carpet cleaning, we will guide you to the best way to clean your carpets at home as per your carpet type.Read More »
13 July 2020
If you’ve ever rented a property, you must have heard about end of tenancy cleaning. Landlords can be extremely demanding when it comes to the hygiene of a property. They always want their property to be spick and span for future tenants. Which is reasonable. That’s why we’re here to introduce you to the basics of professional move out cleaning. In this article, we’ll answer all your questions. What is professional end of tenancy cleaning? What do I need to know about it? What’s included in it? Continue reading for more.Read More »
22 April 2020
At this time and until further notice, we are operating as we normally do, following the government advice in regards to social distancing to protect our customers and teams.Read More »
23 March 2020
We hope that everyone is well staying safe and staying at home!
As a response to the current situation we have added an additional step completely free of charge which we believe will be beneficial to everyone.Read More »