What is Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning
If you’ve ever rented a property, you must have heard about end of tenancy cleaning. Landlords can be extremely demanding when it comes to the hygiene of a property. They always want their property to be spick and span for future tenants. Which is reasonable. That’s why we’re here to introduce you to the basics of professional move out cleaning. In this article, we’ll answer all your questions. What is professional end of tenancy cleaning? What do I need to know about it? What’s included in it? Continue reading for more.
What is Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning?
End of tenancy cleaning plays a vital part in returning your security deposit. The majority of landlords prefer for the tenant to be in charge of the check-out clean. In the case that no EOT clean has been performed, the landlord then has the right to deduct a large sum of money from your security deposit to cover cleaning costs. Sometimes, the landlord won’t even be happy with the job you’ve done, and will still deduct from your deposit. That’s where professional end of lease cleaners come in. Here is a short list of what you can expect from a professional end of tenancy cleaning service, and what you should look out for on their website:
- 100% clean guarantee
- Trained, vetted, and insured professional cleaners
- 72-hour re-clean guarantee
- Free online quote
- Quotes over the phone
- Review section and comments
- Prices online
- Online end of tenancy cleaning checklist
What you Need to Know Before End of Tenancy Cleaning
Before you start the process of EOT cleaning, whether professional or by yourself, there are a few things you need to know and check. There are a few pre-lease agreements that need to be made before the start of your tenancy. You need to keep these documents safe and check them before you attempt a move-out clean. These are the 2 very important documents you need to keep safe throughout the entirety of your lease:
- Tenancy/Lease agreement
- Inventory Checklist
In these papers you will find:
- The condition the rental property is expected to be kept in;
- Responsibilities of the tenant regarding maintenance;
- Detailed inventory checklist of EVERYTHING (furniture, appliances, key facilities, floors, any visible damage, mildew and mould, etc.);
- Detailed description of the condition of the furniture, floor, walls, key facilities, etc.;
- High-quality pictures to accompany the inventory checklist for any questionable areas.
What does Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning Include?
Now we come to the main question. What is professional end of tenancy cleaning and what does it include? There are a vast array of cleaning companies out there that offer professional end of tenancy cleaning. They all tend to have an end of tenancy cleaners checklist available on their main web pages as well as a price list. But we’ll provide you with a short checklist of all the basics that the majority of cleaning services offer:
- Cleaning of all kitchen appliances;
- Wiping down all work surfaces and cupboards;
- Dusting all surfaces;
- Cleaning any tiling.
- Getting rid of all water stains;
- Cleaning out the sink basin, toilet and bath or shower;
- Getting rid of any obvious limescale staining;
- Scrubbing any fittings that need it.
- Thoroughly hoovering the mattresses;
- Wiping down all drawers, cupboards, wardrobes, etc.;
- Polishing the table;
- Polishing chairs and other furniture (display cabinets, cupboards, etc.);
- Wiping down all surfaces;
- Wiping down/vacuuming armchairs and settees;
- Dusting and wiping down any hard furniture;
- Cleaning TV stands, shelves;
- Cleaning/wiping down all surfaces;
Other than these specific-to-each-room tasks they also cover these tasks in every room around the rented property:
- Vacuuming and mopping all floors;
- Dusting and removing cobwebs;
- Cleaning all door frames, doors and door handles;
- Wiping down all lights, light fittings, and light switches;
- Cleaning the insides of windows;
- Wiping the window frames;
- Carefully lifting any ornaments or furniture to clean under them.